Wheelchair Transportation driver
Since 1977, Cataldo Ambulance Service, Inc. has continually distinguished ourselves as a leader in providing routine and emergency medical services. As the needs of the community and the patient change, we continue to introduce innovative programs to ensure the highest level of care is available to everyone in the areas we serve.
Cataldo is the largest private EMS provider and private ambulance service in Massachusetts. In addition to topping 50,000 emergency medical transportation annually through 911 contacts with multiple cities, we partner with some of Massachusett’s top medical facilities to provide non-emergency medical ambulance and wheelchair transportation services. We are also an EMS provider to specialty venues like Fenway Park, Warrior Arena, and TD Garden.
While Cataldo began as an ambulance service company, we continue to grow and expand the services we offer to the local communities. As a public health resource, Cataldo offers training and education to the healthcare and emergency medical community through the Cataldo Education Center. This includes certification training for new employees as well as the training needed for career advancement. Through our partnerships with local healthcare facilities, we have developed a mobile integrated health program, SmartCare, which provides in-home treatment for patients. We also have delivered more than 1.6 million Covid-19 vaccines and continue to operate testing and vaccination sites throughout the state of Massachusetts.
Wheelchair Transportation Driver Job Benefits
- Starting wages $17/hour, commensurate with experience
- Competitive benefits package including paid time off, medical and dental insurance, and 401(k) available for full-time employees.
- Company-paid EMT Certification training available
- Full-time and part-time opportunities available
- Positions available in Chelsea, Danvers, Lynn, Needham, Newburyport, and Saugus
Wheelchair Transportation Driver Description
A wheelchair transportation driver provides safe and efficient non-emergency transportation for disabled, handicapped, or elderly persons to and from their destinations. This is a great opportunity for anyone interested in gaining experience in the healthcare field, civic-minded residents eager to make a difference in their community, or those with a passion for assisting the elderly and disabled.
Wheelchair Transportation Driver Responsibilities
- Respond promptly to all assigned calls
- Attend to patients in a courteous manner
- Move patients via wheelchair in a safe, professional manner
- Inspect and clean wheelchair van daily
- Perform daily routine checks of the wheelchair van and record results on the required checklist
- Complete and submit all paperwork requirements daily
- Operate wheelchair van in a safe and courteous manner adhering to company driving policies
- Operate the lift mechanism of the wheelchair van
- Properly secure wheelchairs in the van for transportation
- Complete other duties as assigned
Wheelchair Transportation Driver Job Requirements
- Valid driver’s license and an acceptable driving record through a DMV background check
- CPR Certified (we will provide training and certification if needed)
- Pass a background check including CORI
- Pass a drug screen and lift test
- Commitment to providing exemplary customer service
- Previous driving experience in a commercial setting a plus
Wheelchair Transportation Driver Physical Requirements
- Ability to lift and maneuver 125 pounds with assistance and without difficulty
- Ability to maneuver a patient-loaded wheelchair up and down three stairs without difficulty
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
- Ability to walk without difficulty and without affective the immediate performance of job-related duties