Since 1977, Cataldo Ambulance Service, Inc. has continually distinguished ourselves as a leader in providing routine and emergency medical services. As the needs of the community and the patient change, we continue to introduce innovative programs to ensure the highest level of care is available to everyone in the areas we serve.
Cataldo is the largest private EMS provider and private ambulance service in Massachusetts. In addition to topping 50,000 emergency medical transportation annually through 911 contacts with multiple cities, we partner with some of Massachusett’s top medical facilities to provide non-emergency medical ambulance and wheelchair transportation services. We are also an EMS provider to specialty venues like Fenway Park, Warrior Arena, and TD Garden.
While Cataldo began as an ambulance service company, we continue to grow and expand the services we offer to the local communities. As a public health resource, Cataldo offers training and education to the healthcare and emergency medical community through the Cataldo Education Center. This includes certification training for new employees as well as the training needed for career advancement. Through our partnerships with local healthcare facilities, we have developed a mobile integrated health program, SmartCare, which provides in-home treatment for patients. We also have delivered more than 1.6 million Covid-19 vaccines and continue to operate testing and vaccination sites throughout the state of Massachusetts.
Paramedic Job Benefits
- Starting wages $25/hour, commensurate with experience
- Competitive benefits package including paid time off, medical and dental insurance, and 401(k) available for full time employees.
- Full time, part time, and per diem opportunities available
- Positions available in: Greater Boston area, North Shore, Metro West, and Western Massachusetts
Paramedic Job Description
The role of a paramedic is to provide safe and efficient response, treatment, and transportation of all persons requesting or requiring emergent or non-emergent medical services. In addition to providing treatment onsite or during an ambulance transportation in trauma, cardiac, or respiratory emergencies, paramedics also perform complex prehospital care including inserting IV lines, administering medications, and monitoring electrocardiograms (EKGs).
Cataldo offers unique EMS career experiences for those in a paramedic career. As a private ambulance service with a growing number of 911 contracts, Cataldo is a top destination for paramedics looking to gain experience as a paid 911 paramedic as well as inter-facility, non-emergency medical care and transportation. At Cataldo, paramedic opportunities also include our special operations teams with the ability to pick up paramedic hours during a Bruins or Celtics game.
- Deliver quality patient care in accordance with clinical policies, statewide protocol, and standards of care
- Attend to patients in a courteous and professional manner
- Operate the ambulance in accordance with safety rules and regulations; company policies; federal, state, and local laws, regulations, and statutes.
- Complete an ambulance and medical equipment checklist at the beginning of each assigned shift. Inspect and clean the assigned ambulance and all medical equipment to ensure compliance with minimum stock requirements and proper function.
- Complete and submit all documentation/paperwork requirements daily.
- Communicate effectively with EMS agencies, physicians, and other healthcare providers
- Be knowledgeable of and comply with all company policies, procedures, and guidelines
- Must maintain a reliable attendance record
- Perform daily housekeeping duties at assigned bases of operation
- Complete other duties as assigned.
Paramedic Job Requirements
- Valid driver’s license and an acceptable driving record through a DMV background check
- State certified
- CPR certified
- Pass a background check including CORI
- Pass a drug screen and lift test
- Commitment to providing exemplary customer service
Paramedic Physical Requirements
- Ability to lift and maneuver 125 pounds with assistance and without difficulty
- Ability to walk up and down stairs without difficulty
- Ability to lift and carry 125 pounds up and down two flights of stairs with assistance and without difficulty
- Ability to sit, stand, and kneel for long periods of time
- Ability to walk without difficulty and without affective the immediate performance of job-related duties
- Ability to bend, stoop, and crawl as duties require
- Ability to occasionally work in low light and confined spaces