Medical Transportation Provider
Since 1977, Cataldo Ambulance Service, Inc. has continually distinguished ourselves as a leader in providing routine and emergency medical services. As the needs of the community and the patient change, we continue to introduce innovative programs to ensure the highest level of care is available to everyone in the areas we serve.
Cataldo is the largest private EMS provider and private ambulance service in Massachusetts. In addition to topping 50,000 emergency medical transportation annually through 911 contacts with multiple cities, we partner with some of Massachusett’s top medical facilities to provide non-emergency medical ambulance and wheelchair transportation services. We are also an EMS provider to specialty venues like Fenway Park, Warrior Arena, and TD Garden.
While Cataldo began as an ambulance service company, we continue to grow and expand the services we offer to the local communities. As a public health resource, Cataldo offers training and education to the healthcare and emergency medical community through the Cataldo Education Center. This includes certification training for new employees as well as the training needed for career advancement. Through our partnerships with local healthcare facilities, we have developed a mobile integrated health program, SmartCare, which provides in-home treatment for patients. We also have delivered more than 1.6 million Covid-19 vaccines and continue to operate testing and vaccination sites throughout the state of Massachusetts.
Medical Transportaion Job Benefits
- Starting wages $17/hour, commensurate with experience
- Competitive benefits package including paid time off, medical and dental insurance, and 401(k) available for full-time employees
- Company paid EMT Certification training, enrollment required for position
- Full time
- Positions available in: Greater Boston area, North Shore, and Metro West
Medical Transportation Provider and First Responders Job Description
Medical Transportation Providers are also known as First Responders or Medical Transportation Drivers. This medical transportation job is vital to the EMS system and provides safe and efficient transportation for individuals with complex medical conditions, requiring stretchers or medical equipment, to and from their destinations. Usually, this is non-emergency medical transportation between medical facilities. In addition to being an ambulance driver, the Medical Transportation Provider assists with loading the patient and their equipment into the ambulance. As first responder, medical transportation providers must also be able to render basic emergency care to both ill and injured patients and be trained on appropriate use of personal protective equipment to mitigate exposure to blood and airborne pathogens.
Medical Transportation Driver Job Responsibilities
- Attend all mandatory initial and company paid continuing education training courses as pertinent to the medical transportation provider
- Work with a certified EMS provider to provide care and support in non-emergency medical transportation
- Operate the ambulance in accordance with safety rules and regulations; company policies; federal, state, and local laws, regulations, and statutes.
- Respond to medical emergencies or other incidents according to Cataldo Ambulance Service policies
- Complete an ambulance and medical equipment checklist at the beginning of each assigned shift. Inspect and clean the assigned ambulance and all medical equipment to ensure compliance with minimum stock requirements and proper function.
- Attend to patients in a courteous and professional manner
- Be knowledgeable of and comply with all company policies, procedures, and guidelines
- Must maintain a reliable attendance record
- Perform daily housekeeping duties at assigned bases of operation
- Complete other duties as assigned
Medical Transportation Driver Job Requirements
- Valid driver’s license and an acceptable driving record through a DMV background check
- Attend initial first responder and CPR course offered at no cost through Cataldo
- Pass a background check including CORI
- Pass a drug screen and lift test
- Commitment to providing exemplary customer service
- Previous driving experience in a commercial setting a plus
Emergency Medical Technician Physical Requirements
- Ability to lift and maneuver 125 pounds with assistance and without difficulty
- Ability to walk up and down stairs without difficulty
- Ability to lift and carry 125 pounds up and down two flights of stairs with assistance and without difficulty
- Ability to sit, stand, and kneel for long periods of time
- Ability to walk without difficulty and without affective the immediate performance of job-related duties
- Ability to bend, stoop, and crawl as duties require
- Ability to occasionally work in low light and confined spaces