Courses offered by the Cataldo Education Center include:
- Heartsaver CPR & First-Aid
- Basic Life Support
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
There are two different ways to renew your AHA certifications!
- Online Blended Learning: The American Heart Association offers eLearning and blended learning courses to provide complete, flexible training solutions. Students are able to complete online training at their own pace. Students can complete online courses anytime and anywhere with internet access. Courses can be completed remotely, on any preferred desktop or tablet device.
Step 1: Register and Complete Online Portion
Step 2: Register and Complete In-Person Skills Check
Employees use promo code when registering for skills check to have that portion waived
- Classroom: The traditional classroom version of all courses are available. During these sessions, all work and class content will be completed in person. The course lengths are as follows; BLS 4 hours, ACLS & PALS 16 hours (2 separate days).
View All Available Courses | Request On-Site Training for Groups
https://cataldoambulance.enrollware.com/schedule | https://cataldo.ryancleonard.me/course-request-form/
About AHA Programs
The American Heart Association’s CPR & ECC inspires the world to save lives and envisions a world where no one dies from cardiac arrest. The AHA is the leader in resuscitation science, education, and training, and the publisher of the official Guidelines for CPR and ECC. Millions of healthcare providers and others trust the AHA for their lifesaving training, and 100% of the AHA’s profits go back into supporting its lifesaving mission.
The American Heart Association Emergency Cardiovascular Care (ECC) trains more than 23 million people globally every year by educating healthcare providers, caregivers, and the general public on how to respond to cardiac arrest and first aid emergencies.
ECC’s vision is of a world where no one dies from cardiac arrest. Every year, 475,000 people die from cardiac arrest in the United States. Big number. Bigger opportunity. With your help, we can bring that number down to zero. Join us today, starting with this video.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which course is right for me?
Heartsaver CPR AED is geared for anyone with limited or no medical training who needs a course completion card in CPR and AED use to meet job, regulatory, or other requirements. Upon successful completion of the course, students receive a course completion card, valid for two years. Please contact your employer to ensure that you are selecting the correct course.
BLS is geared towards prehospital providers, like EMTs, paramedics, firefighters, and in-facility hospital providers. Upon successful completion of the course, students receive a course completion card, valid for two years. Please contact your employer to ensure that you are selecting the correct course.
ACLS is geared towards healthcare professionals who either direct or participate in the management of cardiopulmonary arrest or other cardiovascular emergencies or personnel in emergency response. Upon successful completion of the course, students receive a course completion card, valid for two years. Please contact your employer to ensure that you are selecting the correct course.
PALS is geared towards healthcare providers who respond to emergencies in infants and children and for personnel in emergency response, emergency medicine, intensive care and critical care units. Upon successful completion of the course, students receive a course completion card, valid for two years. Please contact your employer to ensure that you are selecting the correct course.
What is the cancellation policy?
This policy is effective upon registration. If you are registered for a course and need to cancel, please notify us by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org ) or telephone (781) 873-4301.
The date of the cancellation determines whether the course and/ or course deposit is still refundable, in part or in full, as follows:
- 10 or more business days before the first class meeting: Fully refundable, minus a 3% processing fee.
- 5-9 business days before the first class meeting: 50% refundable, minus a 3% processing fee
- Less than 5 business days before the first class meeting: No refunds will be issued
- If student is not eligible for a refund, they may transfer into another offering of the same course for up to 1 year (12 months) of their initial payment. After a year from when payment is made, they forfeit payment.
Cancellation by Cataldo Education Center:
Cataldo Education Center reserves the right to cancel courses in case of insufficient participant numbers, or for other reasons beyond our control.
How do I receive my certification card?
- You will receive an email from eCards@heart.org with a link inviting you to claim your eCard online. Please make sure to check your spam or junk folder. The link will direct you to the Student Profile webpage; please confirm that all information on that page (First Name, Last Name, Email, Phone Number (if entered for claiming by SMS), eCard Code, AHA Instructor Name, and Training Center information) is correct. If it is not, contact your Training Center.
- Set up your security question and answer. Accept the terms of the site and click “Submit.”
- Complete the survey on the course you just completed. Your answers to these questions will help improve the quality of future AHA training.
- After you complete the survey, your eCard will display. You can save or print your eCard.
- Once your eCard has been claimed, you will receive an email notification; please save this confirmation email for your records.
- Claiming your eCard is the only way you can show proof of course completion to your employer. If you need to email your eCard, please see step 5 under “How to View your Claimed eCard”