The Call Taker is responsible for the effective communications and call entry during his/her shift.
The Call Taker functions as a member of the Dispatch Staff and is responsible under the direction of the Dispatch Supervisor to provide effective and efficient transport to all Cataldo Ambulance Service, Inc. customers and clients.
- Answer all incoming emergency and non-emergent telephone calls;
- Gather critical information from callers;
- Make quick decisions and react within reason;
- Enter all calls into the computer aided dispatch system in a timely and accurate fashion;
- Utilize the Emergency Medical Dispatching system on all calls as needed;
- Provide Emergency Medical Dispatching Pre-Arrival instructions to patients and emergency callers;
- Process ancillary paperwork for billing department;
- Remain calm, professional, courteous, and respectful at all times;
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Preferred but not required – 1-2 years of customer service experience;
- Preferred but not required – Computer experience – word and data entry;
- Required – High school diploma/GED;
- Required – Ability to handle stressful situations;
- Required – Expert organizational skills;
- Required – Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment;
- Required – Must possess and maintain CPR certification – we will offer training during onboarding process.
The above are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the person/people in this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, and abilities associated with this position. Cataldo Ambulance is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, race, color, veteran status, religion, sex, or national origin. Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans are encouraged to apply.