Cataldo Ambulance Service, Inc. is seeking experienced, highly motivated individuals to fill the position of Community Paramedic. The Community Paramedic is responsible for in-home assessment and treatment of patients enrolled in the SmartCare Programs.
- Provide quality patient care in accordance with clinical operating policies, statewide protocols, and accepted standards of care;
- Attend to all patients in a courteous, professional manner;
- Attend Community Paramedic Training as well as SmartCare equipment/device training in accordance with The Cataldo SmartCare Training Program;
- Operate the community vehicle in accordance with safety rules and regulations; company policies and procedures; federal, state, and local laws, regulations, and statutes;
- Complete an equipment checklist at the beginning of each assigned shift. Inspect and clean the assigned vehicle and all equipment. Ensure compliance with minimum stock requirements, proper function and cleanliness of all equipment;
- Monitor remote patient tracking and respond as appropriate;
- Participate in discharge planning of SmartCare patients;
- Complete initial in-home assessments and on-going home visits as appropriate for all patients enrolled in the program;
- Complete and submit all documentation/paperwork requirements daily;
- Ensure deployed SmartCare devices are tracked and in good working order at all times;
- Provide appropriate documentation of patient intervention in the community paramedicine setting;
- Communicate effectively with EMS agencies, physicians, and other health care providers;
- Participate in monthly Mortality & Morbidity rounds in compliance with regional requirements;
- Attend all mandated company training functions or submit proof of completing equivalent training to the Director of Quality & Regulatory Affairs in a timely fashion;
- Must be able to maintain a reliable attendance record;
- Be knowledgeable of and comply with all company policies, procedures, and guidelines;
- Maintain all required certifications as an active EMS provider and supply the Regulatory Compliance Department with valid copies of all certifications and driver’s license prior to their expiration dates;
- Complete other duties as assigned by management.
- Fully state certified as an EMT-P;
- Certifications in Advanced and Basic Cardiac Life Support;
- Possess a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record;
- 3 years minimum of experience as a Paramedic;
- The Community Paramedic must be in good Clinical standing;
- Must possess strong customer service and communication skills;
- Must be able to work independently; also must be able to function as part of a care planning team;
- Advanced Medical Life Support (AMLS) and either Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) or Emergency Pediatric Care (EPC) are preferred.
The above are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the person/people in this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, and abilities associated with this position. Cataldo Ambulance is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, race, color, veteran status, religion, sex, or national origin. Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans are encouraged to apply.