The EMT-Paramedic is responsible for the safe and efficient response, treatment, and transport of all persons requesting or requiring emergent or non-emergent medical services. The EMT-Paramedic is a member of the Operations Division and is responsible for the effective treatment and safe transport of each patient. The Paramedic must maintain a constant state of readiness to respond to any and all calls as directed by the Dispatcher. The Paramedic exercises full authority over all the duties and responsibilities in this job description. The Paramedic cannot issue written warnings or discipline coworkers.
- Operate the ambulance in accordance with safety rules and regulations; company policies and procedures; federal, state, and local laws, regulations, and statutes;
- Operate the ambulance in a safe manner to avoid preventable accidents, completing CEVO course;
- Complete a vehicle and equipment checklist at the beginning of each assigned shift. Inspect and clean the assigned vehicle and all equipment, ensuring sufficient fluids such as oil, etc. Ensure compliance with minimum stock requirements, proper function and cleanliness of all equipment;
- Must be able to maintain a reliable attendance record reporting to work at scheduled times ready to work;
- Be knowledgeable of and comply with all company policies, procedures, and guidelines;
- Perform daily housekeeping duties at all assigned bases of operation;
- Maintain all required certifications as an active EMS provider and supply the Human Resources Department with valid copies of all certifications and driver’s license prior to their expiration dates, including ICS 100, 700, & 700a
- Familiarity with one or more divisions (Somerville, Boston, Atlantic)
- Working knowledge of all company policies
- Provide quality patient care in accordance with clinical operating policies, statewide protocols, and accepted standards of care;
- Communicate effectively with EMS agencies, physicians, and other health care providers;
- Participate in monthly Mortality & Morbidity rounds in compliance with regional requirements
- Attend all mandated company training functions or submit proof of completing equivalent training to the Director of Education in a timely fashion;
- Complete daily Drug Logs in compliance Controlled Substance Regulations
- Proficiency with all ALS equipment such as Monitor, Ventilator, auto-Pulse, EZ-IO, and Infusion Pumps
- Maintain Out of Chute times in compliance with Company Policy & Procedures CM 126
- Maintain hospital/scene clearing times in compliance with Company Policy & Procedure
- Meet Company On Time Performance measures
- Attend to all patients in a courteous, professional manner providing superior customer service;
- Compliance with Uniform & Personal Appearance Policy OP 132.
- Complete and submit all documentation/paperwork regarding patient interactions as required after each call, including primary diagnosis and reason for transport in consistent with CS 101
- Provide appropriate documentation of patient intervention in the pre-hospital setting
- Complete other duties as assigned by management
- Complete all Annual training and criminal background check requirements, including CORI, Driving Record, OIG/SAM Exclusions Check, and TB Screening.
- The Paramedic must be fully state certified as an EMT-P and also have certification in Advanced and Basic Cardiac Life Support, and possess an unrestricted valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
- Must be able to lift and carry 125 pounds per OEMS regulations.
- Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing;
- Basic typing skills;
- Must be able to read a map book.
- The Paramedic must receive ALS Preceptor clearance prior to being removed from “probationary” status.
The above are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the person/people in this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, and abilities associated with this position. Cataldo Ambulance is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, race, color, veteran status, religion, sex, or national origin. Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans are encouraged to apply.