The Intake Coordinator is directly responsible for ensuring that all paperwork submitted to the Billing office is complete, all necessary ancillary paperwork is attached and the patient care report is fully billable. They are a liaison and hold an integral role between the field staff and Billing Department.
The Intake Coordinator plays a critical part of the Billing process; ensuring all documentation is in order and compliant with Medicare/CMS and Medicaid laws.
The Intake Coordinator exercises full responsibility and maintains authority over all patient care documentation. This position reports to the Manager of Compliance & Verification. The Intake Coordinator may issue progressive disciplinary related to deficient paperwork CAS policy CS101 Patient Care Documentation.
- Processing of all Billing forms;
- Inspection & entry any new info from ancillaries into CAD system;
- Modifying Customer on synched trips as necessary;
- Working the “Closed Call Rule Workflow” ePCR’s which have been flagged for:
Missing Patient Name
Mileage Greater Than 30
Missing Billing Information
Goal: To be corrected within 24 hours
- Monitoring Sync Board;
- Interacting with Field Staff regarding ePCR deficiencies and provide remedial training as necessary;
- Tracking deficiencies for Operations Directors.
- High School graduate/GED;
- Proficiency of medical billing processes – within EMS is a plus;
- Good working knowledge of State and federal billing requirements;
- Aptitude of Right CAD, ePCR and the Sync page;
- Minimum one year of experience in the healthcare industry;
- Strong written and verbal communication;
- EMS field experience preferred.
The above are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the person/people in this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, and abilities associated with this position. Cataldo Ambulance is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, race, color, veteran status, religion, sex, or national origin. Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans are encouraged to apply.