This hands-on position is responsible for all preventative maintenance & mechanical repairs needed for diesel and gas vehicles.
- Troubleshooting, diagnosing, and performing mechanical repairs and maintenance on company fleet vehicles (diesel and gas ) including wheelchair vans, and ambulances for both diesel and gasoline;
- Performing preventative maintenance in a timely manner to reduce breakdowns and costs;
- Updating any and all managers of concerns and potential problems with employees or equipment;
- Informing operations of any equipment that needs to be restocked or replaced;
- Maintaining a pleasant and professional cooperative attitude with co-workers, departments and clients;
- Reporting to work at the appointed hour, as scheduled, and working the entire assigned schedule;
- Enhancing the operations departments reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments;
- Adhering to all company policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED;
- Auto repair/maintenance experience, with both gas and diesel vehicles is a plus;
- Mechanical and technical aptitude;
- Must have a valid drivers license;
- Must be a self starter;
- Experience with Ford e250, e350 and e450 trucks with 4.6, 6.0 and motors is a plus;
- Experience with emergency vehicles is a plus;
- Reports to director of fleet operations or designee;
- Subject to call back if needed;
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds;
- Must be able and willing to take and pass a drug test;
- Part time position night and or weekends;
- Pay scale based on experience and certifications uniforms provided;
- Willing to participate in company required training.
The above are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the person/people in this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, and abilities associated with this position. Cataldo Ambulance is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, race, color, veteran status, religion, sex, or national origin. Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans are encouraged to apply.