The Dispatcher is responsible for the effective and efficient dispatch communications and call entry during his/her shift. II. Duties and Responsibilities. The Dispatcher functions as a member of the Communications Division and holds the responsibility that each call is assigned to the appropriate ALS, BLS, or Chair Car unit.IV. Job AuthorityThe Dispatcher reports to the Dispatch Supervisor or Shift Commander.
- Receives and processes urgent and non-urgent telephone calls;
- Prioritize and assign all ALS, BLS, or Chair Car units to appropriate calls;
- Maintain computerized database system;
- Utilize EMD system when available;
- Complete other duties as documented in CM127/CAS Policy and Procedures.
- Attend to all patients in a courteous, professional manner providing superior customer service;
- Compliance with Uniform & Personal Appearance Policy OP 132.
- Complete and submit all documentation/paperwork regarding patient interactions as required after each call, including primary diagnosis and reason for transport in consistent with CS 101;
- New Repetitive Patient bookings are sent to the Repetitive Patient Email Group as soon as the booking has been made;
- Properly document in Cad notes when a COD has been quoted;
- Proficiency with all equipment and programs, such as RightCAD, ProQA, Sentinel Patriot, Centrelearn, Outlook, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Excel.
- Complete other duties as assigned by management
- Complete all Annual training and criminal background check requirements, including CORI, Driving Record, OIG/SAM Exclusions Check, and TB Screening.
- Must obtain and maintain CPR certification;
- Must obtain and maintain EMD certifications through IAED;
- Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbally (phone/radios) and in writing;
- Must be able to read a map;
- Able to type 40 words per minute;
The above are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the person/people in this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, and abilities associated with this position. Cataldo Ambulance is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, race, color, veteran status, religion, sex, or national origin. Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans are encouraged to apply.