The Director of Human Resources functions as a member of the Management Team. The Director of Human Resources must ensure the effective operation of all aspects of the Human Resources Department.
The Director of Human Resources reports to the Chief Operating Officer. The Director of Human Resources maintains authority over all employee relations issues. The Director of Human Resources may issue written reprimands and/or corrective action in conjunction with other Department Heads.
Hours must be flexible to meet the demands of the office, but would generally be 8:30AM-5:00PM, Monday through Friday.
General Environment: A fast paced environment with multi-tasking, prioritizing, and frequent interruptions. Continuous interpersonal communication required with managers, staff, patients, EMS personnel and the general public.
- Develops organization strategies by identifying and researching human resources issues; contributing information, analysis, and recommendations to organization strategic thinking and direction; establishing human resources objectives in line with organizational objectives;
- Supports management by providing human resources advice, counsel, and decisions; analyzing information and applications;
- Guides management and employee actions by developing, writing, and updating policies, procedures, methods, and guidelines; communicating and enforcing organization values;
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions;
- Recruit, interview, hire, and onboard all Operations Division personnel;
- Employee compensation levels;
- Expense budget management;
- Administer all company benefit programs including but not limited to health/dental/life insurance, STD insurance;
- Facilitate the open enrollment process for all insurances
- Manage all claims for work related injuries and unemployment. Respond to all DIA and DUI requests for information and appearance at all agency hearings representing Cataldo Ambulance when necessary;
- Maintain all status documentation including new hire information, shift change information, pay change information, and employment status change information;
- Coordinate the performance evaluation process ensuring that all evaluations are completed and processed in a timely fashion;
- Review all performance evaluations prior to pay rate change, if any;
- Ensure that all required federal, state, and local laws are posted in each facility’
- Maintain all employee records in HRIS;
- Updates job knowledge by participating in conferences and educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations;
- Maintain all job descriptions;
- Maintain all Policies and Procedures;
- Coordinate all employee activities (discounted tickets, employee perks);
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Team player with the ability to work independently;
- Detail oriented with good follow-up;
- Excellent organizational skills, demonstrated initiative, good judgment, and flexibility;
- Experience with accounting software conversions;
- Demonstrates effective communication skills and effectively fosters relationships with others;
- Approaches change as an opportunity for growth and development in self and others;
- Fosters a commitment and understanding of Cataldo Ambulance Service, Inc. mission, vision, and values;
- Provides the highest level of customer service to a wide variety of internal and external customers.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Minimum of five years experience.
- Be an effective manager and have excellent communication and writing skills.
- Oversees and manages the work of reporting Human resources staff.
- Encourages the ongoing development of the human resources staff.
The above are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the person/people in this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, and abilities associated with this position. Cataldo Ambulance is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, race, color, veteran status, religion, sex, or national origin. Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans are encouraged to apply.