The Customer Service Manager is responsible for supervision and management of collections staff, to include resolution of claim denials, collection of insurance and private pay accounts, and final claims adjudication.
- Assists in the resolution of difficult and complex account situations;
- Performs periodic evaluation of collections policies and procedures and modifies as needed;
- Ensures that established policies, procedures, and legal requirements are followed;
- Coordinates activities, ensuring that all subordinate areas of responsibility support Company objectives;
- Ensures that services are delivered professionally and efficiently;
- The Manager is also responsible to regularly provide upper management with accounts receivable status, including reports, metrics, and presentations.
- 3 to 5 years of collection experience with a consistent track record of achieving metrics is required and at least two (2) years supervisory experience successfully resolving a variety of people issues;
- Have a strong knowledge of medical insurance billing and collections with CPT, ICD9, and HCPC coding and medical terminology, as well as an overall understanding of managed care products (HMO, PPO, etc.);
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint). Knowledge of Zoll Rescue Net Billing a plus.
The above are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the person/people in this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, and abilities associated with this position. Cataldo Ambulance is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, race, color, veteran status, religion, sex, or national origin. Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans are encouraged to apply.