The Chair Car Operator is directly responsible for the safe and efficient transport of all disabled, handicapped, or elderly persons assigned to their care both to and from their destination. The Chair Car Operator functions as a member of the Chair Car Staff and is responsible under the direction of the Dispatch Supervisor to provide effective and efficient transport to all Cataldo Ambulance Service, Inc. customers and clients. The Chair Car Operator reports to the Chair Car Supervisor. The Chair Car Operator cannot issue written warnings or discipline coworkers.
- Respond promptly to all assigned calls;
- Move patient via wheelchair in a safe, professional manner;
- Perform daily routine checks of the vehicle and record results on required checklist;
- Inspect and clean vehicle daily;
- Operate the vehicle in a safe and courteous manner adhering to company driving policies;
- Operate the lift mechanism of the vehicle;
- Familiarity with one or more divisions (Somerville, Boston, Atlantic)
- Working knowledge of all company policies
- Maintain Out of Chute times in compliance with Company Policy & Procedures CM 126
- Maintain hospital/scene clearing times in compliance with Company Policy & Procedure
- Meet Company On Time Performance measures
- Attend to all patients in a courteous, professional manner providing superior customer service;
- Compliance with Uniform & Personal Appearance Policy OP 132.
- Complete and submit all documentation/paperwork regarding patient interactions as required after each call, including primary diagnosis and reason for transport in consistent with CS 101
- Provide appropriate documentation of patient intervention in the pre-hospital setting
- Complete other duties as assigned by management
- Complete all Annual training and criminal background check requirements, including CORI, Driving Record, OIG/SAM Exclusions Check, and TB Screening.
- The Chair Car Operator must have a valid unrestricted driver’s license and an acceptable driving record. The Chair Car Operator must maintain a reliable attendance record.
- Complete all required annual training and credentialing.
- Maintain a CPR Certification.
- Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing;
- Must be able to read a map book.
The above are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the person/people in this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, and abilities associated with this position. Cataldo Ambulance is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, race, color, veteran status, religion, sex, or national origin. Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans are encouraged to apply.