The BLS Clinical Educator is responsible for the scheduling, coordination, and training of contracted facility staff and municipal police and fire agencies.
- Develop a comprehensive training curriculum which will comply with the general needs and requests of contracted facilities, municipalities and community organizations;
- Complete Regional and State applications for continuing education programs;
- Develop and execute an annual questionnaire for the purpose of quality assurance and determine the training need of such programs;
- Conduct and/or delegate training courses (i.e. CPR, First Aid, Refresher Training Programs, etc.) at all affiliated organizations to improve patient care and promote a positive and professional working relationship with Cataldo Ambulance Service, Inc;
- Distribute course confirmation notices in a timely manner prior to the course date;d
- Distribute course evaluation following the completion of course ;
- Ensure the qualifications of the instructors are valid;
- Assist Director of Education as needed with training and educational programs;
- Responsible for the allocation and maintenance of all training equipment used in performing community training programs;
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- minimum of 2 years of experience in EMS education;
- Possess outstanding communication and organization skills;
- Be comfortable with a wide range of EMS educational subject matter;
- Candidates that hold instructor credentials preferred (ACLS / PALS / PEARS / PEPP / GEMS / BCLS / PHTLS / AMLS / EMT I/C);
- Experience with a Medical Simulation Laboratory a plus.
The above are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the person/people in this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, and abilities associated with this position. Cataldo Ambulance is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, race, color, veteran status, religion, sex, or national origin. Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans are encouraged to apply.