The Accounts Payable Clerk is a non-exempt position, responsible for compiling and maintaining accounts payable records. This role also serves as an auditor, ensuring that invoices are accurate and that proper accounting procedures are followed for the purchasing and payment of goods and services. The Accounts Payable Clerk reports to the Controller.
- Maintains all accounts payable reports, spreadsheets and corporate accounts payable files;
- Reviews all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment;
- Processes invoices into computer system;
- Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances;
- Processes check requests, garnishments and tax payments, ensuring all appropriate approvals have been received;
- Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions;
- Prints and obtains signatures on all accounts payable checks;
- Distributes signed checks as required;
- Assists in monthly closings;
- Prepares analysis of accounts, as required;
- Performs filing and coping;
- Assists department with additional duties as needed.
- 2-5 years of accounts payable experience, knowledge of Dynamics GP is a plus;
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and time sensitive deadlines, efficiently;
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point) and expert knowledge of grammar, punctuation and editing;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and establish effective relationships at all levels of the organization;
- Strong communication, organization of tasks and customer service skills are a must;
- Meticulous attention to detail, self-motivated, maintains confidentiality;
- Proactive and capable of working as a member of a team, as well as independently;
- Understanding the importance and sensitivity of the payroll coordinator position and its confidentiality;
- Ability to understand a sense of urgency related to payroll requests and expectations.
The above are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the person/people in this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, and abilities associated with this position. Cataldo Ambulance is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, race, color, veteran status, religion, sex, or national origin. Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans are encouraged to apply.